A Field Support Engineer is the primary technical resource for the Company’s field operations team. Responsible for solving highly complex network related or systems level software problems and/or hardware issues and ultimately responsible for equipment installation, configuration, troubleshooting and support for customer product integrations.
• Resolve customer issues and difficulties in a manner consistent with the Company’s mission, values, and financial objectives.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including Linux, technical applications, and office.
• Ability to successfully solve anomalies in IP networks, RF transmission and wireless networking, using the diagnostic tools available.
• Maintain accurate records of customer issues and reports
• Maintain an expert level of product knowledge and customer applications
• Listen, understand, and convey customer requirements to both sales and development engineering staff
• Maintain status of ongoing projects, both current and future
• Scripting experience, in languages such as Python, and advanced skills in Excel data manipulation and charting a plus.
• Ability to travel up to 50% to project sites to perform equipment integration, system verification and technical training.