The Sr. Director Commercial Operations – Is focused on key commercial issues, organizational processes and procedures, product information, marketing messaging and effective customer and market-facing communications while enabling effective planning and execution.
This position is both strategic and facilitative and will perform a very active, behind-the-scenes role, aiding the Business Unit President and leadership team, in addition to playing a critical customer-facing role facilitating and driving the commercial negotiation and contracting processes.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise in defining commercial operations processes; bidding and proposal management; marketing content; negotiation strategy, pricing and contract templates and commercial support organization.
• Assisting the Business Unit President to define and shape the commercial support organization and day-to-day commercial processes for the business
• Defining the commercial operations processes to support customer engagements
• Serving as the Commercial Ops / Pricing / Bid & Proposal Leader for North America
• Defining the general processes and templates used globally
• Serving as on-board pre-pilot to define customer requirements and translate those into proposal, pricing and contract templates to leverage for future engagements, and to help support the marketing content development and/or adaptation for the Rail market
• Working with customer contract personnel or their counsel to drive contract negotiations and process to closure
• Work with outside counsel to review and shape standard T&C’s for customer engagements
• Leveraging existing network of supply management contacts in NA Rail markets
• Developing a plan for an electronic / digital storage and access / retrieval method for proposals, contracts, templates, etc. for the Transportation Business Unit, but also as a model that could be leveraged across the Company
• Assisting in writing papers, crafting and shaping proposals and in meeting customer requirements
• Assisting in shaping commercial strategy and pricing models, defining commercial processes and developing standard proposal and contract templates for pilots, PTC contracts, et al
• Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration or another related field with MBA preferred
• Minimum 7-10 years of progressive business/commercial operations experience
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with rail and transportation customer procurement and supplier management functions